Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election Reflection and Level of Civil Knowledge

I can't really describe of what I feel of the election. I have learned a lot of US politics since we started school. If I had vote, I would have voted for Obama. So I guess I could say I am satisfied that he won, but not as much as other people. After studying and learning in school more about politics, I have become more interested in the elections. I would have voted for him, because he believes in the human rights. My hopes are that he fights and tries for what he has been promising along his campaign. I do have concerns, but they do not regard to America. El Salvador, where I'm originally from, is going to have presidential elections in March of next year. El Salvador's government is being controlled by a Republican Party, which was allied or connected with the US government. In my opinion, El Salvador's Government depended from the US. Now that the US is going to have a Democratic Government, El Salvador has a huge chance on becoming a communist country, which is something that I really don't want for my country. The Republican Government of the US has been preventing of such tragic to occur.

Note: What I have stated in this election reflection, is my opinion and my belief only.


In my opinion, we have done an excellent job in making the class and myself understand more about current events. We use our resources very well. One example that has made me understand more about current events, would be blogs! I can scroll around other students' blog and read their opinion about similar topics as mine. In the beginning of school, I was lost in every conversation we had in class. But now, with time, I put more attention and understand more what we talk. I participate more in class now, I give my opinion during conversations, which was something I didn't do it before. I feel very interested about the topics we discuss in class, it makes me want to know more about the country where I live now.

No comments: