Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My First Client...

This two past weeks I have learned many things from my internship site. I learned how to work with strangers for a long period of time per day. Also, I learned how to interact with public. I had my first client on the first week of immersion. His name was Steve Lende and his request was to burn a CD for him with 10 pictures he had chosen from the MacMullen Collection, who was a reporter from San Diego. It was unexpected. My mentor, Kevin, approached to me with Steve next to him. I thought I had done something wrong, but I hadn't. I was nervous. Kevin asked me to help Steve with his request. I stopped working with the computer, but I really didn't had an idea of what to do. Steve kept talking to me and I didn't understand a word he was saying. I wasn't concentrating. I actually wanted him to be quiet, but then I remembered I had to interact with him. I started asking him what was his request, and he told me that he couldn't find the pictures in the system.

No comments: